Carpet Cleaning Essex
We all love that freshly laid carpet look and want to maintain it for as long as possible. With our useful carpet care tips you can prolong the life of your carpets.
- Vacuum regularly – at least once a week, more so if there’s high traffic. Dirt and dust are the main culprits for wear and tear and cause ‘traffic’ marks.
- Always take your shoes off at the front door. Any dust and dirt you’ve collected on the soles of your shoes, however clean they may look, will cause an impact to the appearance and health of your carpets and home. You wouldn’t want your little ones crawling along the pavements so don’t let your carpets carry the same germs.
- Clean up spots and spills promptly. Remove any excess and then blot the area using a clean white towel. Never use a coloured towel as this may cause colour transfer. Leave a clean white towel over the stain with something heavy on top so it can draw out any excess moisture.
- Never scrub a stain. By scrubbing you will fray the carpet fibres and cause permanent damage. You may well remove the spill/mark but your eye will forever be drawn to the area because of the fibres being affected.
- Stain remover products are found in all supermarkets and could be your first port of call. In the long run however they may not help the problem. If plain water doesn’t do the trick then be careful using any type of detergent or carpet shampoo. It could leave a sticky residue which will attract dirt making your carpet look worse!
- Regular maintenance is key! Call in the professionals. We recommend you should have your carpets cleaned every 6-12 months. Not only will it extend the life of your carpets you will also have a cleaner, healthier home.
- Protect your carpets. When having carpets professionally cleaned it is a good idea to have protection applied. The protection will make your carpets more resistant and any spots and spills will be easier to clean up.
We can help you maintain your carpets and upholstery. Give us a call today on 01268 775272 to book your free no obligation quote. Prolong the life of your carpets and keep your home healthy!
It’s that time of the year when a lot of people suffer with hayfever. Those horrible symptoms of an itchy, tingly nose and streaming eyes are difficult to cope with and can leave you feeling rather lousy.
Unfortunately it’s not just hayfever that people suffer with but also allergies found in the home. The most common allergies found in the home are caused from dust mites. As much as you keep your home clean and tidy, those dreaded little mites can still cause chaos! Common side affects are itchy and runny nose, sometimes a blocked nose and itchy and swollen eyes. Asthma sufferers’ symptoms could also be made worse.
Dust mites are present in all homes in the UK and are the most prevalent of all allergens, causing allergic reactions in 85% of asthmatic children. They feed off of human skin scales and are amongst all household dust. Although you cannot eradicate dust mites completely from your home, you can greatly reduce the amount of them. They are commonly found amongst carpet, upholstery and beds.
Animal allergens are the next most frequent cause of allergic reactions. The allergen that triggers allergic responses to animals is found in their saliva, skin and urine.
Hoovering regularly, using a hoover that has a good filter can help but having your carpet and upholstery and in some cases, if able to, beds professionally cleaned can help immensely. It’s been proven that professional cleaning can kill dust mites and remove the allergens caused from pets.
Found in a recent study, 1 in 11 people in the UK suffer from asthma. Amongst those figures are 1.1 million children. Environmental pollution can make asthma symptoms worse and may play a part in causing some asthma. The air quality in your home could potentially make your asthma symptoms worse. Professionally cleaned carpets and upholstery gets rid of dust, bacteria and pollution brought in from outdoors making your home a much healthier, fresh surrounding.
The specialised formulas ChemDry Blossom use are safe for the home environment. We can improve the air quality in your home and greatly reduce those horrible allergy symptoms all year round. Our deep cleaning process removes a high percentage of allergens and bacteria found in carpet and upholstery. The solution that we use is green certified and does not contain any harsh chemicals or detergents. We use 80% less water than typical steam cleaning, so your carpets dry in a couple of hours rather than a couple of days. Most steam cleaners use an excessive amount of water which will soak through to the underlay. This will produce a breeding ground for bacteria growth (mould). By using ChemDry Blossom you will get clean, faster-drying carpets and a healthier home. Stop suffering and let ChemDry Blossom help you. Call us today on 01268 775272. You will wish you got in touch sooner!
Many people ask how often should you clean my carpet? The answer is, ‘a clean carpet is a healthy carpet’. A carpet that is properly cleaned will not re-soil as quickly and will last longer.
The amount of traffic that a carpet has plays a huge factor in keeping your carpet clean. Another factor is whether you wear shoes on your carpet. If you’re wearing shoes then you must take into account that you are bringing in dirt from outside. In an ideal world you would like your carpets to look as new as possible. The real world is that your carpets take a lot of traffic, children and pets and that can make them look grubby.
Our technician can advise you on how often they feel your carpet would benefit from being professionally cleaned when they visit you.
Mrs Garrett from Benfleet, Essex was very happy with the service she received from us. Take a look at her video testimonial below.
One of our clients sent back the following testimonial – Kieran was very polite and courteous and did a fantastic job. Our carpets look brand new again, and he even have me a tin of his Lemon Grove carpet freshener, which was really nice!
Take a look at what one of our customers thought of our service. Call us today on 01268 772732 and see if we can help you freshen up your home.
Before cleaning – covered in red paint and heavy traffic stains
After cleaning – all traces of paint and traffic gone!